I thought, it might look good when it moves.
Still version (original image): [link]
The originalīs sequel:[link]
BIG Wallpaper remake:[link]
I had soo many reactions to this:
- creeps people out
- people canīt stop staring at it
- some find it entrancing, hypnotizing
- some find it mesmerizing
- some get LSD flashback
- some never took LSD, but start feeling like theyīre on
- some find it sexy, erotic
- some see it in their nightmares
- some want to touch it
- some want to eat it
- some get sucked in by it
- some think of jello
- some just love
- to some, it seems to be alive
- dance! little bubbles dance!
- some want to byte the top off
- to some, it seems like it wants to tell them something
- it makes people freak out
- it really has some people on the first sight
- some people find it disturbing in a positive way
- many people want to know, how I created it:
I used Maxon Cinema 4D 11.5
Created a pretty tesselated polygon pyramid, which vertices were used to place all the orbs. That works with a cloner object (central tool of Mograph)
A random-effector creates the motion.
The effector has a limited shape with a falloff.
I placed the effector above the pyramid, so the falloff makes the bottom orbs wobble less than the ones on top.
Of course, the pyramid itself must be invisible, so you only see the orbs in the final render.